I thought I would end your week by inviting you to take a look-see inside our beautiful new kitchen. But before you do, I must first humbly acknowledge that a project of this caliber—nearly a year in the making and many, many hard-earned dollars spent—does, indeed, take a village. B and I extend our most heartfelt gratitude to each and every member of our talented design/construction team and family for helping us realize this longstanding dream. We are giddy with happiness!
• Jay McEwan, master builder, for his willingness to work within out budget and, most important, for his incredible work ethic, craftsmanship, and attention to detail.
• Our dear friends Jen and Stu at Ways 2 Design and Narofsky Architecture, respectively, for their generosity, amazing spatial and design acumen, and, above all, sense of humor through it all. We are in awe of your talents!
• My mother, Barbara, for her generous contribution of a gorgeous new refrigerator and oven hood.
• Tony Moschini of Moschini Productions for thinking of us when he found himself in possession of a brand-new oven he “didn’t need.”
• Aaron Rezny of Aaron Rezny Photography for his donation of a gently used dishwasher, as well as his experienced advice on the renovation process.
• To our neighbors, for their patience with the noise and construction mess.
• And, finally, to our circle of patient friends for listening to our ramblings about tile, counter tops, grout, hardware, paint colors, light fixtures, and appliance choices for more than a year now. You are the best.
And now, drum roll please….
This is how our little kitchen looked before, circa 1934:
And this, THIS, is our beautiful new kitchen now:
Photos by Ber Murphy Photography. All Rights Reserved.